Tuesday, September 20, 2005

dear blog

i have a desk now! and all my clothes came! including
  • $0.65 kona gold tshirt from san francisco
  • channahon peewee football league tshirt that some girl thought was great on unofficial this year until i admitted to buying it in a thrift store, at which point she rolled her eyes and said "oh god, whatever". i'm not bitter, and i hope she fulfills her dream of fucking a genuine peewee football player.
  • ten white tshirts. welcome to the return of laser guns, a big fonzie 'eyyyy', and not looking like a homo
  • nike warmups that a bird crapped on the day i brought them back to illinois
  • i just went back and looked at the pile to remember what else
  • some oversized tshirts and love-making boxers (one pair has metallic red license plates sporting phrases like 4 A HUG and KISS ME. the state? STATE OF LOVE. oh, seriously.) thank you, high school.
  • ten dollars from my dad to cover the cost of picking up the boxes at the UPS store. it melts my heart because we both know how unnecessary it is
  • pot holders. my parents have taken to sending me everything they don't want from their kitchen. my mom admitted once to giving me things she knew she'd have to replace, so she could justify buying new ones. i will have to ask them to please stop sending me old kitchen items, as i'm now forced to use the same box they shipped my care package in to take half of it down the hill to goodwill
  • Our Game: a history of baseball. And a book on mutual funds by John Bogle. These will be sold. Still no sign of my prized hundred-year-old sexual psychology book, or its outlandish appendix B, a scandalous letter by Ben Franklin which i did not make up. when i tell you the story though, you become one of probably no more than a hundred people in the world who know that ben franklin once encouraged a young man to put baskets over old women's heads and fuck them.
  • a stack of CDs from my dear departed Trunks. these will be chucked at poor people after my iPod arrives this weekend.
  • packing peanuts. because i needed more ground into my carpet.
  • more journal articles from grad school. sometimes i burn them a little before throwing them away. bet me i don't.
  • climbing chalk. "white gold" brand. i thought it was a clueless name until i saw the tagline: "the first high is always free". i don't know which sucks more, natural high people or coke heads. there's some kind of suck/blow joke in there somewhere. bonus points if you figure out how to make it work.
  • AND
  • the anti-diarrheal tablets dad insisted i buy for spain. he worries about me when i travel. i guess the image of me robbed, lost, hurt, unable to get home, AND shitting my pants was too much to bear.
the rest is a snippet of a conversation with british matt, who is funnier than everyone else i know put together:

"so, i just went to the amazon talk. there were a couple of quite clearly non-tech girls there. you should've come and been all like 'yeah, it's pretty good I guess. I mean its a job, right?' then we coulda got on the piss."

1 Comments:

Blogger phillip said...

thanks for the spam, jonbot. i was actually talking about ass cancer you fuckwit.

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home