Sunday, June 05, 2005

españa

i miss writing. i have a stack of postcards i bought in barcelona and haven´t written a single one. spain is amazing. three weeks is not enough time. there are people out here spending years travelling around the world, and i´m spending a piddling three weeks in three or four cities in spain. it´s reaching the point where i´ve met too many incredible people and become overwhelmed. i´m struck by the unfairness of having to meet them all for two days and then leave them forever. the problem is that i´m getting a new appreciation for how large the world is, and now my mind needs to expand to take it all in.

somehow my trip to japan made me see how large the world was and scared me, making me appreciate where i came from a bit more. but here, i can live. there´s a whole world of people out here too big for one place. i can´t let myself get settled in seattle. don´t be surprised if i stay there one year and move on. more to come later. it´s my last night in valéncia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home