Wednesday, January 25, 2006

i'm the mad bomber what bombs at midnight baby

Oh trusty <ul> tag. I like it so much because it mimicks how I talk. Here we go:
  • I went snowboarding for the first time in Whistler, BC, where the 2010 Olympics will be, and planted my ass firmly and repeatedly in that famous snow. The following weekend I went again in America, and with home field advantage, I learned how to link my turns. As it turns out, snow can be good for something. But it's nice that it's all gone by the time we get back home.
  • After being rejected by Amazon, Ben got a job with Google. They're going to pay him more money and he'll live and work in Zurich. I'm all, "I'm sure Switzerland's great and all, but can you snowboard there?" A European vacation is sounding pretty good for late 2007. Since my crew is about to scatter (which actually brings Foul Andy to my hill) there's an excessive Spring Break trip planned for Cabo San Lucas. I've been saving for Mexico for nine months, so technically this is a planned expense.
  • New apartment. Moving day is Saturday. Since real mail spammers don't harvest addresses from the internet, here's my new address: 105 Harvard Ave E Apt A1, Seattle, WA 98102. I am moving roughly two blocks. Probably the least significant move of my entire life.
  • Still seeing the girl from the last post. She's independent and doesn't cause problems, but she puts up with me when I show neither of those qualities. She doesn't talk much, so I'm learning how to dominate conversations. Girl friends get frustrated that I don't say much about her. Even my mom thinks it's strange I don't mention her. But the truth is (and I believe the internet reflects this) all my girl stories are bad for the girl. The exceptions are those stories that take place entirely within the confines of sex and do not involve me actually saying anything.
  • I'm living a good engineer's life. Last week I made some repairs and cooling upgrades to my computer, the one that's so loud sometimes I can't sleep with it on. The engineer part? The repair involved electrical tape and soldered paperclips, and the upgrade require a spring clip made from a coat hanger. It's probably true that my great engineering superpower is not building great things but getting damn near anything to run. If we lived in a time before the internet, before steel and modern construction, you can bet I'm not the ambitious go-getter who would have invented the shuttlecock. People like me stood in the back and said "I agree it's an interesting proof of concept, but for the price of your horseless carriage, I could just as easily buy four more horses."
Yo voy! I'm going to bed. Two more nights before the move. I'm fucked.

2 Comments:

Blogger JD said...

"friends"

1:02 PM  
Blogger K- said...

Where did you disappear to Philo?

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home